- This event has passed.
National RTAP: Transit Marketing 101
August 26, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Title: Transit Marketing 101
Date and Time: August 26, 2021 (2:00 pm to 3:00 pm ET)
Organization: National Rural Transit Assistance Program
There are many reasons that a transit system should have an active marketing initiative, including the following:
- Raise awareness of public transit in the community.
- Dispel misconceptions.
- Increase ridership.
- Influence the community to support public transit.
Due to the pandemic, marketing may be even more important than before. Passengers need to be reassured that your agency is taking all necessary precautions and that your transit service is safe.
During this webinar, Selena Barlow of Transit Marketing LLC will provide a brief look at the four key aspects of transit marketing:
- Branding to build awareness and a positive image.
- Passenger information to provide effective “directions” for transit use.
- Low cost promotional strategies for building ridership in the post-COVID era.
- Passenger research to assess and improve service effectiveness.
The presentation will highlight illustrative examples of best practices from rural and small urban transit agencies. Following the 60 minute presentation will be a 15 minute Q&A session.