- This event has passed.
Paratransit Management and Operations
November 16, 2020 - November 19, 2020
Monday, November 16 - Thursday, November 19, 2020
1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME, Daily
Important: This online course will take place live and online via Zoom from 1:00pm - 4:30pm EASTERN time daily, from Monday to Thursday. Please do not register for this course if you can not commit to attending the entire session. Participants who do not attend the full course will not receive a course certificate.
The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the skills needed to effectively manage and operate paratransit services. Topics include:
- History of demand response service and where the industry is today
- The relationship between managing and providing paratransit service
- Developing policies and procedures for your paratransit department
- Management functions needed to operate paratransit service, including planning, resource availability, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and performance evaluation
- Operating techniques to provide paratransit service, including contracting vs. in-house, brokerages and call center operations, route deviation, taxi supplements, and feeder service
- Scheduling techniques that are based on your agency's resources and local transit environment
- Controlling costs and billing methods
- Technology's role in paratransit service
- Customer service throughout the paratransit department
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit service and the ADA.